Spark is an independent not-for-profit organisation, based in Amsterdam with field officers in Burundi, Liberia, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Yemen, Kosovo, Rwanda, Kurdistan (Iraq), Somalia, Syria, Serbia, Afghanistan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan. Spark supports processes of transition and reconstruction in post-conflict societies by strengthening education and economic institutions and fostering cooperation through concrete, joined objectives.
We aim to carry out our work in a sustainable way that demands the pro-active participation of local communities.
Spark offers access to higher education and supports entrepreneurship development in fragile states so that young, ambitious people can lead their societies into stability and prosperity.
- A demand-driven approach that pinpoints the needs and priorities of local beneficiaries.
- A society-oriented focus that ultimately benefits society as a whole.
- The support of long-term cross-regional and international cooperation processes.
- The promotion of local ownership as precondition for sustainability.
- To improve the quality of [vocational] training and higher education.
- To contribute to private sector development, increase employment and counter socioeconomic discontent.
For more information please visit SPARK’s page: http://www.spark-online.org/